Monday, January 14, 2008

COME JOIN THE FUN!!





I just wanted to let everyone know how much we appreciated their attendance last Sunday morning. We had twenty adults and nine children! That’s amazing for just our second core group meeting! I know it’s about faithfulness and not about numbers, but I’m very thankful to God for the increase. I know God’s hand is on this ministry and He is putting together a wonderful team. So many people have already stepped forward and I know that God is going to use each one of you in a very special way.

It’s really very humbling to watch as God puts each piece together. They fit so right when He does it. Please continue to pray for Mountainview Church. We still have many needs and I don’t want us to stop praying for God’s will and direction. I know He has a special plan for us and it’s my prayer that we will be patient and sensitive to His will as we proceed with this ministry. It’s also my prayer that as we learn and grow together, hearts will be touched and lives will be changed. We came together last Sunday for a simple meeting and ended up having church! It’s really amazing what God will do when we get out of the way let Him lead.

I also want to thank God for a great start to what promises to be a first class Children’s Ministry! Thanks also to all who have stepped up and answered the call to work with our children. Teaching children the Bible will be one of our top priorities and I thank God that He has already provided workers with this burden. We have a lot of things still to do and need a lot more people to find their places. Please be open to the leading of God’s Holy Spirit and pray that God will show you what He would have you to do.

Thanks again for your prayers and your support,

Pastor Grady Covin
Mountainview Church
P.O. Box 364
Chelsea, Alabama 35043
http://www.mountainview.cc
205-601-6986
205-744-0869

No comments: