Friday, March 21, 2008

WE GOT GOOD NEWS!!!


MY BABY HAS GAINED A WHOLE POUND SINCE HIS LAST VISIT!! WE WERE SO EXCITED TO SEE THOSE SCALES GO UP!! MOMMY WAS FEEDING THAT BABY ALL MORNING SO HE WOULD BE ALITTLE HEAVIER!! YOU CAN TELL HE DIDN'T MIND THAT EITHER! DR. MESTRE CHANGED ONE OF HIS REFLUX MEDICINES TO A STRONGER ONE SO THAT MABEY HE WILL NOT THROW UP AT ALL ANYMORE. WE ASKED IF THIS WOULD BE SOMETHING THAT HE WOULD GROW OUT OF AND HE SAID PROBALY NOT SINCE HE IS ALMOST TWO NOW. THAT'S OKAY THOUGH, I CAN DEAL WITH SOME REFLUX AS LONG AS HE IS GAINING WEIGHT!! WE GO BACK IN 6 WEEKS TO FOLLOW UP!

I AM STILL BEHIND ON POSTING PICTURES! I HAVE SOME REALLY CUTE ONE'S FROM LAST WEEKEND AND WILL TRY TO GET THEM ON HERE SOON! I HAVE JUST BEEN SO BUSY AND HAVE GOT TO GET READY FOR THE WEEKEND NOW. WE HAVE OWEN'S FIRST BIRTHDYA PARTY ON SATURDAY AND EASTER ON SUNDAY! HAPPY FRIDAY TO YOU ALL AND I HOPE YOU ALL HAVE A GREAT WEEKEND AND A HAPPY EASTER IF I DON'T GET TO POST BEFORE THEN!!
Posted by Picasa

1 comment:

Goldilocks said...

Hey Jennifer, this is Julie (Marcrum) Reid I graduated in the class of 97. I don't know if you remember me but I found your blog spot through Lori Lamons and I have enjoyed see the pictures of your cute little boys.

But I also noticed that you are having a problem with one of them throwing up. This is why I and writing, although I don't know everything that is happening with your little one I thought I would tell you about my oldest daughter.

When Kylie was a baby she had reflux and was treated with medicine and a thick rice bottle, but when she turned a year all treatment stop. Then at about 17-18 months old she started throwing up at night and this went on every night for about a month. Then suddenly she stopped then a few months later she would do it again. Well this went on for a while and I would tell my doctor and we didn't do anything about it. Finally when she was about 2 1/2, I had had enough I was tried of her throwing up all the time. I told my doctor we had to figure out something and he agreed so we started giving her allergy medicine.

I don't really remember what we started with but we now take Singular and Zyertc. She has to take it pretty much all year. B/c if she stops she starts throwing up. Anyway I just knew I had been through a lot with Kylie and I don't know if any of this helps. B/c like I said I am not sure what all is going on with your little boy. I just know it was awful when she was throwing up so much.

And the throwing up b/c of the allergies some how ties into the reflux. Anyway I don't know if any of this help or if I have wasted your time I just wanted you to know just in case it might help. My email is juliereid@charter.net if you want to ask me any questions.